question: what does traction upgrade do?
Super Retro Chase
Follow the green indicator which shows the next checkpoint. Stay inside the checkpoints to collect them. Get cash, upgrade your vehicle and restart for the next drive!
* There is a bug in leaderboards in webgl version. Will be fixed in the next update. (Fixed, happy scoring!)
- Your only input is Left-Right and use Turbo.
- Keyboard: Arrow keys or (A-D) keys for navigation. X or Space for Turbo.
- Gamepad: Left-Right buttons or Analog stick for nav. Button A for Turbo.
- Game has gamepad support but you still need mouse for menu navigation.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Also available on
- Version 1.6Dec 15, 2019
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
hi, reply is little late :) . traction increase the tires friction so you don't drift too much and make sharp turns.
This game is absolutely amazing. I can play this for hours on end and not get bored. but one thing is, can you make the sirens shut up when you die? my ears are dying as I'm typing this lol.
Really good game, I love the music and the graphics go really well with this synthwave style.
AMAZING GAME! My only complaint is there is some lag after 3 checkpoints and all box tower were smashed.
Very addictive game! The upgrade system really did it for me.
Thank you for playing. I'm very glad that you enjoyed the game. You may try it on Android and Ios as well. Anroid version is ad-free, Ios version will be ad-free soon.
Very entertaining game, I enjoyed it very much!
One thing, when I reach more than 7 checkpoints approx. my game starts to lag due to the sheer numbers of physics objects on screen. But aside from that yeah, I like it!
The problem is, a system behind is deleting those objects at some point but apparently it lags the system. Next update will fix this hopefully.
Checked it, cool game bro. Webgl version didn't work for me but played the windows build.
Looks great and the drifting and controls feel really good! Enjoyed the game a lot.
Thank you. I'm happy that you liked it. Check here time to time for the next update. I'm updating mobile version now. Then I will update the PC version. ;)
Hi! I was wondering if it would be cool with you if your game ended up in Flashpoint. Flashpoint is basically an online game archive/museum with the main focus being on archiving Flash games, but other technologies are supported. If not, I won't waste anymore of your time but if you are, you can read more at:
Thank you for your time!
be careful using music ressembling queen music you could get into trouble. Otherwise i love the game and aesthetics. It's a bit anoying when you get wrecked by a car that was offscreen. Suggestion: add a handbrake. Great game!
Really fun! Reminded me a lot of "Skidmarks" on the Amiga. I couldn't get more than 8 checkpoints, but it felt like a game where you could still improve with practice. (Up to a point; eventually pursuers hitting you out of nowhere at Mach 10 is pretty much just random.)
A few suggestions:
- Second earlier comment about steering, and what I really wanted was braking and manual acceleration. I appreciate that this is a deliberate constraint, but doing the checkpoint-to-checkpoint run in less than 12 standard parsecs is kind of useless if you then have to spend 30 seconds doing donuts before you can stay in the circle.
- It wasn't clear to me what the checkpoint rule was; is it uninterrupted time or total time that counts?
- The damage effect felt constant - you took the same amount whether nudging someone in a slow turn or in a full-speed head-on collision. Maybe misinterpreting though.
- Feels like it would benefit from a visual cue with a bit more oomph when you die.
- "PRESS ACTION TO START"? You don't say what the ACTION key is!
* As long as you stay in the circle it fills the bar (the flag turns to green) and the moment you left the circle it starts to decay. I agree these should be more obvious.
* Damage is calculated with the collision magnitude with some minimum and maximum caps.
* Still missing lots of feedback and juice. Death animation is one of them. Your 4 wheels dismantle when you die but still not very obvious, because they are so small.
* ACTION is Ctrl or Space in keyboard, and A button or button number 1 in gamepads. I always confuse what to write there, too many things to write in a limited area :D
Thanks for the suggestions, it is hard to come up with these on my own.
On the first point, one idea might be to make the first checkpoint a "freebie" (no pursuers yet) so that new players can get the hang of checkpoint rules, reward collection etc before pursuers start slamming into them.
Awesome! I liked the controls; the precision required to reach a checkpoint feels just fine. When there are too many cars chasing down on you, the sirens tend to get loud & hearing too many sirens at the same time is somewhat distracting. Keep up the great work!
Love the graphics, love the feel, love the concept. Would be great on mobile.
I've got a minor complaint:
I had trouble steering left and right, which I guess is intentional, because it adds quite a bit challenge. Although it could be nice to upgrade the steering, to be able to turn your car quicker. Especially when you upgrade your speed and other stuff, I found it very hard to even stick to the checkpoint circle.